Monday, June 27, 2011

Kiss the Sky


Did you know Jimi Hendrix is buried in Renton, Washington? Yeah, me neither. Of course, you probably have no idea where Renton is. It is just south of Bellevue/Newcastle (Newcastle used to be part of Renton until about 17 years ago when it incorporated). There are two things I found interesting.


First thing...there is a little hole in the middle of the monument that has some flowers in it. And around the hole, people have placed guitar pick. What I found very interesting is that most of the guitar pick were actually made from gift cards. The green and white one above is from a Starbucks gift card and the grey and white one is from a Target gift card. So my question is: If you are going to leave a guitar pick to honor Jimi Hendrix...why not leave one that you actually use, like the one at the bottom right. I mean, I guess a memorial pick is a memorial pick no matter how cheap you are, right?


Second thing: This amazing area next to the Jimi Hendrix Memorial. I just loved it. So peaceful and symmetrical. Also, it reminds me of Mulan, which is never a bad thing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment