Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sofa woes


I purchased this sofa a few years ago.  I purchased it because I've always wanted a red sofa.  And it was inexpensive.  Turns out it was uncomfortable as all get out.  The back cushions didn't come off.  Which made it less roomy for overnight guests.  So I took the batting out and bought a bunch of pillows from IKEA.  Yeah, that didn't add any comfort to it.


Then I put my knee through the corner of it.  So anyone that sat in the corner would sink down a few inches.  I think I liked this sofa all of 5 days before I started to dislike it.   I'd finally had enough last month.  I posted it on Craigslist and tried to get $100 for it.  No bites.  I lowered it to $75 then $50 then free.  Finally at free people wanted it.  



Some high school kids picked it up to use in the lounge area of some dance they were in charge of.  The sofa is tall and awkward to maneuver through my tiny apartment space.   It took them a bit longer than anticipated to get it out of my apartment.  And they almost took out the hall light in the process.



I now have a comfier sofa.  It's not red, but it's also not a pain to sit on.  Yay for comfy couch-potatoe-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment