Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bally Table King

First of all, I am no Bally Table King.  Though I really like pinball I'm mostly terrible at it.  Secondly, this is one sorry looking hall of fame don't you think?

Truth is, though, if you're the type of person that wants to go to a pinball hall of fame it really doesn't matter much what the outside of it looks like, you're going to go in.  And go in I did, during a recent visit to Las Vegas.  


There are rows and rows of pinball machines.  Some dating from as early as 1948...those are very difficult to play.  The flippers are awkward and not super functional.  I can see how they made so much money from the machines because it would take you two weeks of playing the thing every day to even figure out how to play it.  I was completely miserable at it, I barely scored any points.  But it was still fun.


In addition to pinball machines from all eras they have arcade games from the early 80s.  Centipede and Ms. Pac-Man are my favorites.  I really wouldn't mind having the actual arcade games one day.  They'd go really well with the Slurpee machine I'm eventually going to get.  I got an hour's worth of game play for $3.50.  Not a bad deal.  I'd love to go there with my nephews...all of them.  That would be SO much fun!  

It was nice to have some games I would actually play in Vegas.  If you're in Vegas I think you should check it out.  It's not far from the Strip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment