Thursday, March 24, 2011

Border Patrol


One of my favorite things is the US/Canada border. I'm standing in Washington and just behind that sign is a road that is in Canada. And the house? That's in Canada too. I COULD just walk across the border. Not that I would, cause if I did 20 border guards would descend on me and I'd be arrested. I'm not sure what I expected at the border...a boundary of some sort, I think. Not just people's fear of being arrested keeping them from crossing. So cool.

We went to Birch Bay and apparently it's low tide because we were able to walk pretty far out into the bay. There were a bunch of people...and seagulls...clamming. So my question is...if it's low tide here, where has the water gone? What is it doing? I'm guessing it has something to do with the moon, right?


Just as we settled into the room to watch a movie, the fire alarm went off. We had to evacuate the building. We took our laptops and a blanket and hung out in the car while the firemen determined that...someone had burned some toast. Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment