Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Louboutins they're not

Not that any of my other shoes are Louboutins - or even close. But these certainly are not a shoe I want to wear all day every day for the next 3 weeks.

Turns out I have plantar faciitis. Which causes severe heel and lower arch pain for me. I noticed it the last time I was at Disneyland. And it was quite bothersome in NYC and Italy. With another trip to Disneyland just around the corner, I thought it best to get it checked out. I ended up getting x-rays, a shot and a perscription for some stability running shoes.

And I have to wear them ALL DAY, EVERY DAY for the next 3 weeks at least. I never thought I was much into shoes. A bit difficult to be into shoes when you have as much difficulty finding shoes as I do. But these shoes or any other stabilizing running shoes are really going to limit my wardrobe options. Obviously no skirts - unless I want to bring the 80s back entirely. And did I mention I can never go barefoot? Not even at home? Guh!

The doctor says it will go away. It had better...or I'm going to have to take to spray painting.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I had that. KILLS. Mine went away after about six months, but I never saw a doctor about it or really did much about it, either. It would be the worst when I'd have my feet up at night and they would tense up or something, I don't know. I couldn't walk after getting back up. Awful. I've seen foot exercises you can do to alleviate the pain a bit. http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/foot/plantarfasciitis/plantarstretch.php?injury=plantarfasciitis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the commiserating Abby. :) After a week, the foot seems to be MUCH better. I've gone from a 9 in pain to about a 2 - 3. The exercises have helped quite a bit. And I suppose the shoes have as well. One thing I have noticed is that there are actual holes in these shoes. Probably to keep one's feet from getting all sweaty with the running the manufacturers expect I'll be doing in the shoes. As if.

    However, the walk through the windy corridor between buildings at work can get down right chilly. Must wear thicker socks.

    ReplyDelete