Sunday, August 28, 2011

Shilshole & Salmon Bays

I've been heading over to Magnolia at least monthly for the past year.  It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I realized exactly how close I was to the Ballard Locks.  Last week I stopped by for a quick visit.  


One thing I really like about Seattle is that there are parts of the area that are only 10 minutes from downtown, yet seem hours away from traffic intensive hustle and bustle.  Magnolia is one of my favorite locations for this reason.  It is very peaceful to sit and just be.  




I saw no fish while at the Locks, but I did see a bunch of folks standing around looking for fish.  The above bridge sounds just like a bridge should when it is raising and lowering...loud and creaky.  I enjoy hearing it from WTHIM's place when I'm working.




Living where they live, WTHIM gets to see some pretty interesting things. HUGE yachts going through the Locks, bald eagles hanging out in the trees above their house or people doing yoga on surfboards.  That's quite the tumble if you lose your balance, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment