Friday, January 20, 2012

Snowed In

It's raining now and hopefully my parking lot will be clear by the morning so I can leave the immediate area.  Today I made a yummy soup - it was my first time using dried beans without a pressure cooker (cause I don't own one) so I was a bit nervous that the beans would be hard.  Thank goodness, cause the soup turned out well and I'd have hated to have to dig out all of the beans as I ate the soup.  (Ingredients:  Great Northern beans, spicy Italian sausage, chicken, pancetta, spinach, tomatoes, parmasean cheese, garlic, basil, pepper, parsley in a chicken broth that I served over crusty rosemary bread from Avenue Bread Company).  I don't think I'm afraid of dry beans any longer.


Tausha stayed the night a week ago.  A night.  We got to my place around 11 pm and left at 6:30 am.  Today I was cleaning up a bit and found this on the living room rug.  I thought it was some random piece of paper that I'd dropped.  It happens.


But when I turned it over I found that it was a test strip!  Here less than 8 hours and I've got the tell-tale sign that Tausha has been around.  When I moved from Boise we found test strips in random places in my apartment.  After I'd been here a few years I continued to find test strips in my car.  I remember Tara started keeping jars of test strips to use in an art piece.  I don't know if she ever got around to it, but those things are sure ubiquitous...so she still has time.  Love ya Taush!

No comments:

Post a Comment