Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowmageddon

It's been snowing since Sunday...well, the snow took a break for a while on Tuesday.  I was able to go to work for most of the day on Tuesday.  But Wednesday and today?  Crazy!  If I could get to the main road, I'm sure I'd be fine.  See? The roads are pretty clear.  No real ice, just dry slush.  But to get to the road I would have to leave my parking lot.  Which would be impossible.  All of the cars are frozen in place.  And the parking lot is covered in a foot of ice.


I ventured out to the grocery store today.  Not a lot of people out and about.  And the snow was crunchy.  As we don't tend to get snow here, there's not a lot one can do but wait until it melts.  Especially those of us on hills or on side streets.


The areas to the South and East of me don't have power.  I'm very glad that so far I still do.  When I first moved here I purchased a bunch of flashlights and lights but I've failed to check the batteries recently.  So fingers crossed that the power stays on.




My neighbor has a snowman on top of her bug.  It's super cute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment