Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Top Gear


I've found a wonderful British show that I completely love. A few weeks ago I was up late working and whatever show I was watching on my Comcast DVR ended and the box switched over to whatever channel I was watching before, which turned out to be BBC America. I just let the TV play for noise while I continued working on the lappy and found myself laughing quite often.

Top Gear is the name of the show and it is about cars. Now I like a nice car as much as anybody else, I imagine, but I'm not so much into cars that I'd actually watch a show about them. But this show is hilarious. The three presenters crack me up. And the thing that got me laughing so hard and loud I thought my neighbors were going to come upstairs and ask me to be quiet was this bit with Mark Wahlberg. I've since learned that the show has a segment called Star in a Reasonably Priced Car where they have a star drive around their test track in a reasonably priced car as they are timed then ranked against all other stars that drove the test track in that same reasonably priced car.

The segment is about 10 minutes long, but the bit that got me hooked on the show as right around the 5:45 mark. (Be forewarned: there is beeped out swearing and a bit of off color humor, so if you'd like to skip that, just queue it up to the 5:45 mark and watch for about a minute.)



"We attend different churches"...I thought that was Marky Mark's way of saying: Come on you git, not all famous people know each other. And then when he busted out with: "I'm at the one with Jesus baby." Oh my gosh! That was so politically incorrect and absolutely hilarious.

Which apparently is what the show is all about. Their race from Switzerland to Northern England on one tank of gas was a hoot that I didn't think they could top...then this weekend I saw them race across Botswana. Not only did they show the beautiful sunsets but they then showed two of the presenters putting a cows head into the trunk of one of the other presenters so he'd have to endure flies bothering him during his entire drive. It's just useless drivel really, but it certainly is entertaining. I wonder if it would be possible to find an Oliver of my very own.

3 comments:

  1. I saw that bit with Mark also and totally busted a gut as well. He completely cracks me up--great sense of humor.

    I hope you don't mind me stalking you, by the way. It's Abby. The Good One.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...I just realized there is a way to read just the comments posted on my blog...just saw these. Oops! And Abby, nope, don't mind that you stalk me at all. :)

    ReplyDelete