Tuesday, May 8, 2012

World Tour part 2

A few months ago I posted about one of my absolute favorite apps that shows me a different place somewhere in the world every hour.  Not only do I like the app because of all of the wonderful places I can go, but I also like that every time I see some of the pictures I think of people I care about and of memories.


This one is the Denver skyline.  And every time I see this I think of my BFF, Julia, who lives in Denver and what she and her little family might be doing at that moment.    

 


And this laundromat somewhere in Japan is empty more often than not...any time there is an actual person in the laundromat I get a little burst of joy that the laundromat is no longer empty and lonely.  And I text my friend Kellye, who also feels for this lonely laundromat as I do.
 
 


Positano and St. Peter's Square remind me of Steven and Karley and our trip to visit them.  About how much I loved seeing Steven speak Italian after just a few months there.  And how absolutely incredible the Vatican Museum was.  But also how I couldn't wait to get out of there because of all of the people.  There were SO many people that Hunter and I couldn't wait to get out of there and we were drained for the rest of the day.  And then there is the driving through the tiny roads on the way to Positano, stopping at the lemon stand, taking photos and eating pizza by the Mediterranean Sea.  
 


This nest makes me think of Kendra and how we both enjoyed checking the nest to see if the eggs had hatched.  And look...they have already this year.
 
And this is Times Square.  Debbie, Collin, Hunter and I stood outside the McDonald's and waived to Tyson and Kendra when we were there.  We also climbed those red stairs and counted how many large TV screens we could see.  I think it was over 17.  And just a few blocks over is the Shake Shack.  We enjoyed that place.  And I crave it fortnightly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment