Friday, May 18, 2012

Rough Week



It's been a rough year at work.  This week has been especially difficult.   We'd been told a few months ago that there would be some restructuring at work.  And that restructuring was announced this week.  Everyone was all nerves and whispers at work.  I tried to keep my head down and my ears to myself but it was hard to avoid the anxiety that flowed through the office like a fog rolling through a scary movie set.  It was oppressive and overwhelming.  

Yesterday someone I work with brought me a grande ice water from Starbucks.  Out of the blue. Made my entire day.  Why?  Because Starbucks has FANTASTIC ice water.  And I LOVE water.  And because random acts of kindness are especially effective when your future seems uncertain.

My future isn't uncertain for the immediate future, but for several people, their future is.  I hope it isn't for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment