Saturday, July 14, 2012

Theater

 


One of my favorite things to do in New York is see shows.
 


I saw Newsies with Evan Kasprzak and Alex Wong, two of my favorites from seasons five and four of So You Think You Can Dance, respectively.  I really liked the movie when it came out.  Honestly, there are few musicals I don't like - I have absolutely no issue with people breaking into song mid-conversation as that's what I almost always want to do anyway.   What you don't see in the above linked clip from the Broadway show is how much one of the actors spit when he spoke and sang.  It was a consistent spray.  I felt bad for the  other actors.  What you DO see in that clip is just how graceful Alex Wong is.  The other dancers are great, but Alex has such grace and stage presence...it was fantastic to see! (And yes, that IS Batman in the movie clip.)  
 


I also saw Harvey at Studio 54.  It was very good.  I was really surprised by it.  There are very few members of the cast.  There is no singing, no dancing.  Just some pretty darn good acting.
 


After the show I happened upon the stage door and snapped this photo for Kendra.  
 


One of my favorite things in the Theater District:  Shake Shack.  The Great White Way is still delicious.  The roasted peach shake reminded me of eating fresh peaches and cream in Grandma's kitchen in Fresno.  And, as luck would have it, I was there for the corn dogs!  They only serve them 3 days a year:  July 3 - 5th.  Oh was it good.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment