Friday, September 19, 2008

How is it that no one bothered to tell me...

...that Ricky Schroder's wife is on this season of Top Design?!? The woman I wanted to be when I was 11 years old. My friend Tricia and I had a competition between us of who loved Ricky Schroder more. I cut his photo out of a TV Guide and put it in my Bible. I would pull it out during Sunday School and torture Tricia with it, I'm sure making kissy faces at it and all sorts of young girlish annoying things. I had kept it in my Bible for years. Long after Silver Spoons had been cancelled. And truthfully, I barely remember a scene from any episode of Silver Spoons, but my crushing adolescent love for Ricky came rushing back as soon as Andrea said her husband is Rick Shroder. Lucky duck!
Cute Then Super Handome Now

Now on to Top Design. I was completely confused when I saw it. Who was this blonde British woman and where was odd and awkward Todd Oldham? Man it was torture to watch his scenes. Poor thing had to do voice overs ALL. THE. TIME. I can only guess he just couldn't get his lines down. Obviously not an actor nor a host. But to not see him as a host, I felt bad. As if they'd fired him. I felt bad for him...as if losing a hosting gig on Bravo was going to devestate him. The man, I'm sure, has more money than everyone I know put together. But still...felt bad. Yeah...so that was episode 2 of the season. When I went and found episode 1 I find that Todd's transitioned into the only thing he did well last season: offering advice. So much better at that. This season looks interesting. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Checkout you tubeSilver Spoons Episode 67 Rick Schroder part 1

    ReplyDelete