Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lake Boren

I've been meaning to go to Lake Boren for a good year now. And it's not like it's far away or anything, it's just south of where I live. The only time I go south of Newcastle is to the airport or IKEA. I just don't do it. Kinda like going to Kuna when I lived in Boise. Not a place you go unless you've got a purpose. I wanted to get a photo of this umbrella on the dock that's in the background, but I couldn't figure out how to get to the dock. The paved walkway didn't go there. I thought it would be a nice photo with the rain lightly sprinkling on the lake. But by the time I actually got to Lake Boren, the rain had stopped. So, I tried this photo. Meh. I like the lake, but not so much with the umbrella.

smallest lake I've ever seen, but I'd love to live in one of the houses on itI decided that since I was going south today, I'd go where no middle class white person goes. To the Renton Wal-Mart. O.k...so I'm not middle class, I'm white trash around the edges and entirely cheap when it comes to the prices I have to pay up here in Seattle. I don't like paying $6 for a bottle of generic vegetable oil, when I know I can get that same bottle at Wal-Mart in Boise for $1.88. It's just craziness to me. Turns out today I had some staples to buy: TP, Cascade, All, and various sundries. I decided that since I'm thinking of going to Argentina for a month, why should I fear the Renton Wal-Mart? Sure they've got security guards patroling the parking lot and likely the store, but c'mon. It's not like it's a third world country. Turns out it wasn't bad, but the place was lousy with people. There is an urgent need for signals on the intersections of the aisles. Either that or arrows showing right of way. Lousy with people, I tell you.

1 comment: