Monday, May 30, 2011

Dust Bowl

I'd always thought Kansas/Missouri was part of the Dust Bowl. Turns out that West Kansas is, but East Kansas and Missouri are very much NOT dust bowl-y.


The biggest surprise I had when I arrived was exactly how GREEN it all is.


Not dusty at all.


These are all in Northwestern Missouri, Adam-ondi-Ahman to be precise. I walked around here for several hours. I had the place mostly to myself. I ran into three other people on my way out. It is basically the middle of nowhere. I didn't hear any traffic, there was virtually no cell signal. There were birds singing and crickets flying. I imagine things pick up during the week what with tours and the farming (most of the land is a working farm). But last week, it was pretty peaceful. I enjoyed it very much.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: