Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hope I Don't Get Chased Today



Since I am now permitted to wear arch-friendly footwear, I no longer wear the stabilizing running shoes around the house (or with any outfit that doesn't involve jeans). I purchased these arch-friendly flip-flops (for more than I care to admit). Unless I'm in bed or in the shower, these are on my feet. The other morning I was getting ready for work and went to the front room to gather my bags and then to the hall to put on my Danskos only to completely forget to put on my Danskos. I left the house like this.

I made it down the hall and the stairs and all the way to my car before I realized that I was going to work in flip-flops and socks. Thank goodness I didn't make it all the way to work like that, though it would have been hilarious, quite frankly. Since then, I've made it down the hall twice prior to realizing I was more of a fashion don't that day than normal.

I think that when you get dressed in the morning,
sometimes you're really making a decision about your
behavior for the day. Like if you put on flip-flops,
you're saying: "Hope I don't get chased today.
Be nice to people in sneakers."
- Demetri Martin
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment