Thursday, May 19, 2011

Welcome

I've had this welcome mat for years. I thought it was absolutely hilarious. An unwelcoming welcome mat. But most people took it very literally: that I wanted them to go away. I hung on to the mat through various negative comments, disapproving looks from neighbors and an attempted mat-napping (I found it a few doors down the hall in my building). However, after what must be close to 8 years, the mat needed to retire.


It's been replaced with this flowery IKEA special. Which is nice enough. It serves its purpose of removing dirt from the bottom of my shoes before I enter the apartment, but it lacks the humor of my previous mat. One thing I've learned through my search for a replacement welcome mat: the world is LOUSY with cutesy welcome mats.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment