Saturday, September 24, 2011

Orange and berries


While on Bainbridge we saw a lot of orange and blackberries.  Chinese lantern flowers are sprouting all over.


But not as all over as the blackberries.  These were quite a distance from the pedestrian dock.  Any branch within arm's reach was picked clean of berries.  Katherine told me before I moved here that blackberry bushes were ubiquitous - that they grow anywhere they can find a spot of land.  And boy was she right.  The other day on my way to work I saw a few guys with buckets along side the road picking blackberries from the wild bushes that line the road.  I imagined they were taking them home to make a pie that they were then taking to their Mom who lives in a retirement community and no longer has a kitchen of her own.  What a couple of nice guys.



More orange flowers.  No clue what kind these are, I just like them.  There's such great variety here.  You really should come visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment