Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scanda Scotia

Peggy's Cove...what an amazing place...almost as if it's from another planet.  First of all...there's the pristine lighthouse that looks as if a giant plucked it from it's proper home and plunked it down on the stark, barren granite that juts into the Atlantic ocean.  Staring out at the ocean you feel as if you're at the end of the world.  But in a happy way, because the combination of the water and the granite gives off a sense of power, beauty and peace. 


Then there's the village/town of Peggy's Cove.  It is from another era.  There hasn't been a lot of development in the town.  While driving through the town I wanted to pull over after every turn in the road to take photos of the old houses or the boats moored in the bay.  When I return to Peggy's Cove I would like it to by scooter...to facilitate the frequent stopping.





On Canada Day we visited the Citadel in Halifax.  I LOVED seeing the Canadian outfits and that the men aren't afraid to wear skirts - even in the military.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I need... NEED to move there! I told everyone who will listen and a few who didn't really care to that I found heaven on earth. It's in Nova Scotia! :)

    ReplyDelete