Friday, December 12, 2008

Home again home again

On Sunday New Guy and I left Iguazu (after I took the fastest shower I've ever taken at the pool of the hotel we'd already checked out of, with my suitcase at my side), arrived at the domestic airport, caught a cab to the hotel in Buenos Aires where we met up with the rest of our group that had spent the weekend in Buenoes Aires and where New Guy took a hurried shower while I arranged our travel to the international airport. Once we arrived at the airport we decided "When in Rome" and most of us got our luggage wrapped. Turned out to be a life saver for me, cause the wonderful baggage handlers in Buenos Aires crushed my brand new luggage and broke it. Without the saran wrap, my precious Argentine candy would have been everywhere but in my luggage.

The flight home wasn't as painful as the flight there. Isn't it always the case? The trip home is always faster and less aggrivating. Probably because you know that soon you'll be home.



And this is what my home looked like within minutes of my arriving home. (And still does to some extent.) First order of business was to wash Argentina out of my clothes. Debbie said Rosario smelled like a butcher shop. I'm not sure about that, but it definitely didn't smell good. And all of my clothes smelled of Rosario. And for some reason were all moist. Though when I packed they were perfectly dry. Whatever. I'm just glad that washers AND dryers are standard household appliances in the Unites. If I ever move out of the Unites, I'll need to make sure I've got both wherever I decide to live.

That being said, I spent a few hours on Tuesday morning looking for info on working and living in Buenos Aires. Seriously loved the place. Turns out I'd need a Unites company to pay me Unites salary to live and work in Buenos Aires. I'm working on T-Mobile doing that for me. Fingers crossed.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STILL have a suitcase I haven't entirely unpacked yet! :) And you were right.... Ben and I shouldn't have gone to the steak house last night. The piece of meat I had (they called it prime rib) was so bland I couldn't eat more than half of it! ALL MEAT will pale in comparison to the meat at El Establo! What am I to do?!?!?! Will I never again enjoy the flavor of plain old American beef? When will I get to taste something even CLOSE to the AMAZING Argentine meat? Woe is me!!!! :) Glad you're home. Now, where's the beef? ;)

    ReplyDelete