Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So Rude!

As it has come time for one of my nieces or nephews to get a cell phone, I sit each of them down and give them a few Dos and Don'ts of cell phone usage.  The hugest thing for me is:  If you're spending time with someone and your cell phone rings...make it quick or don't answer it.  Unfortunately someone didn't tell the gentleman I saw on Saturday.

I was meeting a friend for lunch at Olive Garden on Saturday.  I arrived a bit early and she was running a bit late, so I was sitting alone at our table for a bit...with nothing really to do besides listen to other's conversations and surf the Internet on my phone.  And for a good 15 minutes this older gentleman was on the phone with someone from "back home."  He was talking about the weather here, how the hotel was and many other inane things...while his wife sat across the table pretending there was still food on her plate for her to pick at.

He was at a restaurant.  With his wife.  Put the phone down and talk to your wife or leave the restaurant and have your conversation.  

Please...some people's grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment