Thursday, June 11, 2009

White Trash like me...


I've upgraded both my TV and my DVR to HD...there are many things I like about the HD and the HD DVR (the picture size and quality, for two) and there are things I don't like about it (the DVR is difficult to program for one).  But I think my favorite thing is that after over 5 hours of on and off trouble shooting my remotes and DVR with and without the help of Comcast, I turned to my old friend the Internet and after searching through forum after forum I found that the problem was that my TV has a sensor in it that detects the light in the room and adjusts the picture quality which interferes somehow with the ability for my particular HD DVR model to receive the infrared signal from the remote.  The fix?

Place an empty CD case in front of the HD DVR's IR receiver.  And since I'm not exactly sure where that is, I've just placed it in front of the entire thing.  If that's not White Trash, I'm not sure what is.  

The amazing thing is...it totally works.  The remote now controls the HD DVR, where as without the CD case there, it won't.  Amazing.

Thanks the Internet.

1 comment:

  1. .....but I still love technology, always and forever, always and forever....:-)

    ReplyDelete