Sunday, February 20, 2011

All Roads

We arrived in Rome this morning via train from Naples. Also arriving in Rome via train was this group of students. We've seen a lot of student groups on this trip. First of all, how amazing is to be able to go on a school trip to Rome (yeah, sure, they probably live close, but I've heard some students speaking US English, British English, French, etc.). Second, how cute are these caps? The group from France had to wear bright orange and yellow crossing guard jackets. These kids? Lucky!



Did I mention that the apartment we booked on www.homeaway.com is directly across the street from the Colosseum? Seriously...I walked out the door and across the street to take this photo. You know what all of those holes are? Holes from the scaffolding they had to install to build the higher levels. And the smaller holes are from where metal pins used to hold up the facade and other such things. But, over time, people just decided they needed the metal more than the Colosseo did, so they pried it out. Like that castle I saw in Spain. It was in ruins because people decided they needed the stone to build their houses more than the castle did. I guess I thought that since Italy had all of this rich history and these great buildings, they would have been a bit better preserved. Too bad they weren't...turnes out they were just as lazy about it as the rest of the world.



I have no idea what this building is, but it is large and still has all of it's facade, so I'm a big fan of it.

And this photo here is for Whitney, who processed my SIM Unlock request for my phone. She wants a photo of the Trevi Fountain...here you go Whitney! Thanks for processing the unlock request. My phone works like a peach here and is invaluable.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment