Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shake, Lego and 30 Rock


Collin and I have decided there should be a Shake Shack everywhere we go. My burger was so yummy. The Shake sauce was a nice touch. Great flavor and a perfect size. Debbie got a veggie burger that was A-MAZING. We will be returning, I'm sure.
For dessert, I asked the cashier for his recommendation...which was the Great White Way. Vanilla frozen custard, marshmallow and crispy rice. It was exactly as he said it would be: Like eating an ice cream rice crispy treat.


Of course we had to go to the Lego store. (FYI to the Lego store in Downtown Disney, I knew you were nothing great, but compared to this store, you kinda suck.) There were such cool murals everywhere and Lego versions of Rockefeller Center icons...and this HUGE wall of Legos. I'd actually like to return because we only explored half the store.


The visit to Rockefeller Center was a success. We enjoyed it more than the visit to the Empire State Building last night. Why? Because we could actually see the Empire State Building from the Top of the Rock...and somehow, that makes you feel like you are looking at NYC from the sky. I wish it had a better view of the Chrysler Building, that's the only change I would make. Of course, I didn't feel like I was at Rockefeller Center until I saw the statue of Prometheus. And the rink? Totally tiny and WAY over priced. The rink at Bryant Park is much better, in my opinion. (We went there too and I rode a tiny little carousel which made me feel like Ranee the Gigantor riding my magical flying frog defeating the baddies everywhere - video game coming soon.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment