Saturday, February 19, 2011

I think I could live here

I've been wanting to visit Positano since I first saw it on Under the Tuscan Sun. It looked like such a magical place...how do all of the buildings sit almost on top of each other and not topple down the side of the cliff?

It is amazingly gorgeous there. Not only are the houses stacked so closely that only narrow corridors separate them, but they are also painted such bright colors, as seems to be the custom here in Italy.

February is a fantastic time to go to Positano. There were barely any other tourists there and the weather was comfortable warm. I had a delicious cup of fresh orange juice (which is pinkish here, not orange), a yummy pizza and some delicioso strawberry and lemon gelato.

It just may be my favorite place I've ever been. We were only there for the afternoon, but I already want to go back and believe I will be planning a trip just to the Amalfi Coast in the next few years. Wanna come with?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment