Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hogs and Cubans

 


There was a HUGE food truck round up at the Harley Davidson dealership in Renton, WA a few weeks ago.  
 


Kellye, her husband and I visited.  I saw more chaps than I've ever seen outside of a Western movie.  And more black leather than I've EVER seen.  AND a ton of Harleys, which goes without saying, I suppose.

 


I split a Cuban with Kellye's husband, from Snout & Co.  It was delicious.  I went back and got their Seattle variation to go for dinner.  It was good too, but since I had to have them leave off the onion relish, I suspect it could have been better.  
 


Ken and I also split the mushroom tacos from Contigo.  They were not delicious.  They were very "one note" as Ken said.  The could have used some cilantro or something else to give it a bit more depth of flavor.
 


Kellye and I split the Jamaican patties at The Jerk Station.  The pork was spicy and yummy and tasted a bit like a samosa - which surprised both of us. It was good but not something I'd search out in the future. 
 


And right here is, quite possibly, the best thing I had (though I've been craving that Cuban since I had it).  Handmade vanilla bean ice cream between two snicker doodles.  TERRIFIC!


There's another food truck round up/rally thing at Seattle Center on Saturday.  I'll be heading there for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment