Sunday, April 1, 2012

Under Pressure

 
Dad and Katherine got me a pressure cooker.  I had been wanting one for a few months but hadn't gotten around to getting one.  So it was a very timely gift.  I remember using a pressure cooker or being around one when I was much younger.  And I remember using one once on my mission.  But that past experience didn't make me any less nervous to actually use the pressure cooker.  I set it, ran and sent a text to a friend telling them that if they didn't hear from me, it's because the lid blew off the pressure cooker and decapitated me.

 


The good news is that I survived and so did the eggs I was cooking in the pressure cooker.  Turns out that electric pressure cookers are more stable than stove top pressure cookers (especially on an electric coil burner stove top).  Of course, when the end of the world comes and there is no electricity, my pressure cooker will be useless.  The price you pay I guess.
 

So I made boiled eggs in about 5 minutes.  They were prefect.  Moist, not over-cooked.  I've mostly been using the pressure cooker to make beans.  I've plans to use it to make a cheesecake, among other things.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't hyperlink pressure cooker to the kind you got! Info please....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updated with link, though mine is not from Amazon, it's from Walmart. This weekend I think I'll be trying out the whole cheesecake thing.

    ReplyDelete